Electric Boat's Safety Management System Policy Statement
Electric Boat Corporation has established health and safety as the company's number one priority. Considerations of safety are implicit in everything EB does, large or small. The maintenance of a safe and healthy workplace for its employees, customers, contractors, and visitors is supported by the commitment to:
- Ensure that employees understand that safety is not only a priority, but also a personal value;
- Recognize and prevent workplace hazards;
- Comply with health and safety laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures;
- Consider the input of external interested parties in the development and maintenance of EB’s Health and Safety Management System;
- Involve EB employees with the planning and implementation of occupational injury and illness prevention efforts; and
- Periodically set and review objectives for the continuous improvement of EB’s processes to reduce occupational injuries and illnesses.